Monday, March 13, 2017

Thematic Photographic 404 - Retail

Reflections from the checkout aisle
London, ON
March 2017
I'll come right out and say it: I hate shopping. As much as I enjoy getting out of the house and exploring the world near and far, watching someone count out exact change to the cashier, coin by coin, while the ensuing lineup stretches toward the back of the store, isn't exactly my cup of tea. Likewise the folks who smack their carts into you then blithely walk away without so much as an acknowledgment. On second thought, maybe it isn't the shopping I hate as much as the people who ruin the experience for everyone else.

Whatever the cause, there's never any shortage of things to shoot when we've got to hunt and forage to ensure our suburban survival. And for the next week, you're invited to share your shopping adventures in support of our latest theme, retail.

Your turn: I'm pretty sure you already know what  to do. But just in case, here's the short version: post a pic that supports this week's theme - retail - to your blog, website or social media account. Leave a comment here letting everyone know where to find it. Visit other participants, then repeat through the week. Thematic  is a non-competitive activity that lets us stretch our photographic boundaries a bit. I look forward to seeing what you come up with!

3 comments:

21 Wits said...

I like this perspective! I thought I'd bring something a little different! Here's mine
http://twincitiesblather.blogspot.com/2017/03/retail-tp.html

Gilly said...

Got my acto together and posted these http://gillymaccsphotos.blogspot.com

photodoug said...

Carmi, while at the library, saw this abandoned cart in the park. Thanks for sharing your prompt.

http://dougphotoblog2016.blogspot.com/2017/03/abandoned-cart.html